HOPE IMG Clinical Rotation Program
What are the eligibility criteria for the program?
In which specialties are the rotations offered?
Currently, the program is offering rotations in medicine and its allied specialties.
What is the duration of rotations?
What is the procedure to apply for the program?
Click here to apply for the program.
Can I start the rotation in the middle of the month?
What is the monthly or weekly schedule of the HOPE IMG Clinical Rotation Program?
What is the difference between On-site Clinical Rotation and Telehealth Clinical Rotation?
Which Immunization Certificates are required for the On-site Clinical Rotation?
- Tuberculosis screening (PPD) and Chest X-rays within 12 months prior to the students start date. Positive PPD requires a CXR performed in the 4 years prior to rotation date or QuantiFERON Gold within 2 years prior to rotation date.
- Influenza Vaccination: Flu Shot (For students starting rotation between the months of September and April). You must provide documentation of a Seasonal Flu Vaccine in the U.S. in order to report for assignment. If you have already received the flu vaccine, you must bring documentation to your assignment. If you have not yet received the flu vaccine, please plan to get the vaccine by the 1st day of your clerkship; no exceptions.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria and Pertussis Booster (primary series plus booster within the last 10 years).
- Results of Hepatitis B and C serology.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) – Must include copies of lab reports indicating positive serology.
- Varicella – Must include copies of lab reports indicating positive serology.
Do not submit application while waiting for pending results. All immunizations must be complete at the time of application.
Is the rotation fee refundable?
The registration fee is non-refundable; however, 90 percent of the rotation fee is refundable if notice for cancellation of rotation is provided by the candidate 1 month prior to the start of rotation date. If the candidate is unable to attend the rotation for the scheduled date and month, it can be rescheduled by clicking here.
Can my rotation be rescheduled to other dates or months?
Yes, it is possible to reschedule the rotation. It can be rescheduled by clicking here.
If you reschedule to a date 2 weeks ahead of your initially confirmed rotation start date, you will have to pay $100 as processing charges.
Completion Certificate and Letter of Recommendation
What is a completion certificate? When will I receive it?
A completion certificate is an official document signed by the preceptor on the official letter head of the clinic confirming that the candidate has successfully completed four (04) weeks of HOPE IMG Clinical Rotation Program. A candidate is eligible for a completion certificate only after successful completion of the program. Click here to get your copy of the completion certificate.
What is a letter of recommendation? When will I receive it?
A letter of recommendation is an official document signed by the preceptor confirming that the candidate has successfully completed four (04) weeks of HOPE IMG Clinical Rotation Program and recommending the candidate for the residency. A candidate is eligible for a letter of recommendation only after successful completion of the rotation. The letter of recommendation is waived only. The letter of recommendation will be uploaded on the ERAS portal of the candidate after the candidate has applied for it.
Click here with your AAMC ID to get your letter of recommendation uploaded on the ERAS Portal.